Thursday, February 21, 2013

Comfort Food

With the anticipation of a big snow storm heading our way, today seemed like the perfect time to make a big pot of beef noodle soup and some homemade bread!



Don't you just love the aroma of soup simmering on the stove? I know I do! And it's even better when I 'm using my grandma's old stove. It's certainly given years of faithful service - both to her and to me. I am blessed to have it. They sure don't make them like this anymore!



You can almost smell the bread baking! It was such a treat just to breathe it in on a cold winter's day.
And I was pretty excited about trying out my new marble pastry slab that I picked up at an estate sale a couple weeks ago. It worked wonderfully! Now I just have to find a place to store it.


As we hunker down and listen to the wind howling outside, I think of all our many blessings!
May you stay safe and warm this winter!
                                               Graniteware Gal



No comments:

Post a Comment